I just got a Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 card, to replace my GTX 670's in SLI, however I wish to keep one 670 to use as a dedicated PhysX card however I've run into some problems. I have an ASUS P9x79 Pro motherboard, running Windows 10
Both cards are slotted in, 670 in the slot nearest the CPU, G1 below it both are in the blue PCI-E slots. Boot up with a DVI cable in the 970, but nothing shows on the screen, no POST screens etc and I get the "monitor going to sleep". There is a permanent red LED for "BOOT_DEVICE_LED" on the motherboard at this time. I then plug the same DVI cable into my 670, and the screen powers on fine, the LED has now gone out... I then boot to Windows.
Once booted to desktop I switch DVI cable back to the 970, and it works fine, picture, resolution etc all ok. I then restart the machine with the DVI in the 970, same thing happens, no picture until I switch back to the 670.
- I have switched both cards around, 970 on top, 670 in 2nd, same thing happens.
- I have dedicated the 670 as PhysX card via the nVidia control panel
- Both cards work by themselves, but problems start when 2 are connected into the mobo
- Both cards also work simultaneously (in Windows) with a monitor working when plugged in each
- SLI bridge has been removed