I know from right clicking on Internet Explorer that somehow it's possible to pin particular URLs. Also, I can take frequently accessed urls and pin those, but how can I add a new URL to the jumplist?
According to IE 9 taskbar icon and Pinned items:
There is a way to achieve the old behavior:
- Press and hold down the SHIFT key
- Drag the favicon over the IE taskbar icon
- Release the SHIFT key while still holding down the mouse
- You will see the tooltip becomes to "Pin to Internet Explorer"
- Then drop to pin
Alternatively, you can drag & drop any
.urlfile to the IE icon to pin it.
- Drag & drop a favicon from IE9 to the desktop to get a
- Then you can press SHIFT to drag & drop to get the
- Press SHIFT after drag does not work