Trying to setup a website server at home.
Been trying this for weeks, but to no avail. If someone can help I will indeed be grateful, and I will wire over some beers if necessary.
So, I have WINDOWS 8.1 pre-installed on my laptop which I dont want to change. Trawling through the web I have now discovered that Apache, MYSQL SERVER, and PHP are what I need. I know how to program fairly okay in SQL and in PHP, so that is no worry. I installed Apaache and PHP however nothing seems to work : when I type http://localhost, I get an "error/timeout" type message in any of my browsers - chrome/IE. Below are the things I have done so far:
1) SETUP STATIC IP for one of my laptops like so: Router: D-Link-600 router "LAN Setup" -> DHCP Reservation, pulldown menu, selected one of my laptops, I typed in an IP such as 192.168.0.180 (so it locks down the IP on teh local area network) Save settings.
2) SETUP PORT FORWARDING for that laptop on the D-LINK-600 Router: Went to "ADVANCED" in the "router-page" "Application Name" -> Pull down menu -> "HTTP" then clicked '<<' arrow. Public Port 80 ~ 80 automatically filled in. "Computer Name" -> Chose that same laptop -> IP Address filled in as the one I chose above 192.168.0.180 Private Port 80 ~ 80 automatically filled in.
3) OPEN FIREWALL ON LAPTOP: First uninstalled McAfee coz it was preventing me from changing any settings, I didnt know if it was necessary but I uninstalled it anyway. Went to "Control Panel" -> "System and Security" -> "Windows firewall" Private Networks: Turn off windows Firewall Public Networks: Turn off windows Firewall
4) Allow incoming stuff on PORT 80 on LAPTOP: Same place - Windows Firewall and Advanced Settings : Inbound Rule : New rule : PORT : Selected TCP and Specified New Port as 80 : Allow Connection : Domain Private Public : Name"PORT80" : FINISH
Went to website: yougetsignal to see if port 80 is open - it shows me my "internet" IP (different from locally fixed IP as above) and says PORT 80 is closed (due to "Timeout")
5) APACHE INSTALLATION: My "SYSTEM" in control panel is 64 bit operating system. Downloaded from Apachelounge.com/download/ httpd-2.4.17-win64-VC14.zip Extraced into C:/Apache24
httpd.conf have the following lines:
httpd.conf additional/altered lines::: start
ServerRoot "c:/Apache24" Listen 192.168.0.180:80 LoadModule php5_module "c:/php/php5apache2_4.dll" AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php # If your host doesn't have a registered DNS name, enter its IP address here. # ServerName Localhost:80 -> was ServerName www.example.com:80, i changed it to Localhost:80 <IfModule dir_module> DirectoryIndex index.php index.html </IfModule> PHPIniDir c:/php
httpd.conf additional/altered lines::: end
6) PHP Installation? Renamed the "php.ini-development" file to "php.ini" Opened it, and enabled some extensions like CURL, MYSQL, etc. OUt of curiosity, I ran the file php.exe in c:php folder (all extracted), and it says MSVCR110.dll file is missing.
7) PUTTING IT ALL TO WORK TOGETHER:
Ran the CMD prompt in Administrator mode. It said some VC***110.dll file is missing - downloaded that, it worked.
however, now the CMD prompt upon installation (c:\Apache24> httpd.exe -k install ) says: "Syntax error on line 178 of C:/Apache24/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_4.dll into server: %1 is not a valid win32 application.
went to the APache/bin folder and ran httpd.exe went to IE/Chrome and tuped http://Localhost
NOTHING. Just timeout. I Need Help guys.
Is there an older version of APACHE/PHP that I can install and is bound to work?