I have instructions for setting up a proxy tunnel to a work computer behind a firewall. The setup is:
| [home]--------[outside]-|-[inside] |
The instructions are, from home:
- ssh -N -L 7000:inside:22 outside
- ssh -D 9999 -p 7000 localhost
- Setup a proxy for port 9999 on localhost
I should then be able to appear to the world as though I'm on [inside].
If I was on a mac or linux machine I assume I would do the first two steps in order at a terminal. In windows, I can't just open up an ssh terminal.
The putty tunnel configuration screen looks like this:
I have two questions:
- What would be the right settings for step 1?
- Is the 2nd step done in Putty as well, or from the shell connection in step 1?
Edit: This is what the main Putty screen looks like: