I am fighting with a difficult problem with my internet connection.
When I am connected to internet, after some time (about half an hour), some sites suddenly are no longer accessible. But not all sites! For example, if I'm watching videos on YouTube or browsing Facebook, I can go on surfing on those sites without problems. But if I try to visit a different site, on which I was not surfing previously (eg. Twitter), here I get an error (i.e. CONNECTION REFUSED on Chrome).
In more details:
- it happens after some time of regular surfing
- it occurs on all browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Ie) and on all PCs and tablets connected on my LAN, cable or wifi
- it happens on Windows 7, on Windows 10 and on Android
- If I am already visiting a site (that is, for example, I am already on YouTube), I can continue to do so without any problem, but I can not surf other sites that I had not opened before the problem occurred
- However, if I close the browser and reopen it, I can not even browse these sites that were previously accessible
- if I use a proxy with Epic Browser, I can continue to surf everywhere (in fact it is what I am doing at the moment)
I called my provider (Wind-Infostrada) and they resetted the connection and changed the DNS and IP addresses, to no avail. My router is a SITECOM WLM 4500.
I also tried the troubleshooting wizard on Windows and I got the message "the device or remote resource does not accept the connection" without solving anything. Before rushing out to buy a new router, I'd like to get an idea of why it happens. Does anyone have a theory about it? Thank you!!!