Is there a driver for a hub/switch? So that I can control the flow of data from the other computer that currently uses bandwidth, so that I could get higher bandwidth.


You'd need a router of some sort to do the bandwidth management you're talking about.

If you already have a DSL/Cable router, you might be able to use Tomato or DD-WRT to get the function you seek. But that's not for the faint of heart and may wind up destroying your router.

| improve this answer | |
  • 3
    Or a managed switch should also work. – Bobby Jan 28 '10 at 9:27
  • Any Linux system with two NICs junctioned to a virtual bridge interface, with appropriate tc QoS policies applied to the virtual bridge interface, would also work. Tomato or DD-WRT is this. Defintely not for the faint of heart but you will learn a lot. It won't destroy your router - you can always reset it to restore configuration. – LawrenceC Jun 20 '12 at 13:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.