I would like to have my
Mobile bookmarks appear on the bookmark bar of my desktop chrome browser. I would like
Mobile bookmarks to appear besides the
Other bookmarks which appears at the right-end side of the bookmakr bar.
I would like to have my
migrated from webapps.stackexchange.com Dec 23 '15 at 14:59
This question came from our site for power users of web applications.
I agree that it would be nice. But apparently there is no way to do it at this time. I guess that Google Chrome developers just didn't think of it. You could try providing feedback directly to them: https://support.google.com/chrome/#topic=3227046
There is a work around:
- Verify the url of your mobile bookmark from your bookmarks. Go to chrome menu>>Bookmarks>>click on bookmark manager.
- Highlight your mobile bookmark and copy the url... something like this: chrome://bookmarks/#3
- Then right click your bookmark bar, select add a page. Name the page and past the url from step 2 above... same and voila!
The problem starts with Chrome on mobile saving bookmarks (by default) to a separate folder, which is not a regular folder. Like the others, I don't think syncing that folder is possible.
But, if both Chromes are syncing bookmarks (which they do by default), simply create another bookmarks folder (this can be done on mobile or desktop), and move all mobile bookmarks into that new folder. Since it's a folder you created, it'll sync.
For the future, simply save your bookmarks directly into the folder, and not to its default Mobile Bookmarks folder.
With new version of Google Chrome (66) it's still not possible to do that. You have to use workaround provided by @Frank but things changed a bit.
There is no longer chrome://bookmarks/#3. You have to utilize chrome://bookmarks/?id=3
- Open up Bookmarks Manager (use one of the methods described above)
- Click on the Mobile bookmarks and notice how the Chrome URL has changed
- Now simply drag and drop that URL into Bookmarks Bar. That's it.
If you prefer the long version with screenshots you can find one at my blog Add Google Chrome mobile bookmarks into Bookmarks Bar
I couldn't find my recent saved pages amoung synced Chrome bookmarks until I realized that they were saved not by Chrome Mobile but by Google Android App that has it's own bookmarking functionality. Saved web pages list is combined there with favorite places lists.
But while favorite places are synced to Google Maps Web, the saved web pages list has no web interface currently.
It can only be downloaded as csv via Google Takeout by icon.