I set the mouse acceleration and sensitivity levels to minimum in System->Preferences->Mouse but with the new mouse I have, even those settings are too fast. Is there a way to further reduce the speed? The resolution of the mouse seems to be much higher than needed. Is there a way to reduce that?. The mouse is an Okano A1020 Laser Mouse. lsusb -v says the following:
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 12cf:0047 Device Descriptor: bLength 18 bDescriptorType 1 bcdUSB 1.10 bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level) bDeviceSubClass 0 bDeviceProtocol 0 bMaxPacketSize0 8 idVendor 0x12cf idProduct 0x0047 bcdDevice 51.04 iManufacturer 1 MouseCenter iProduct 2 LASER Mouse iSerial 0 bNumConfigurations 1 Configuration Descriptor: bLength 9 bDescriptorType 2 wTotalLength 34 bNumInterfaces 1 bConfigurationValue 1 iConfiguration 0 bmAttributes 0xa0 (Bus Powered) Remote Wakeup MaxPower 100mA Interface Descriptor: bLength 9 bDescriptorType 4 bInterfaceNumber 0 bAlternateSetting 0 bNumEndpoints 1 bInterfaceClass 3 Human Interface Device bInterfaceSubClass 1 Boot Interface Subclass bInterfaceProtocol 2 Mouse iInterface 0 HID Device Descriptor: bLength 9 bDescriptorType 33 bcdHID 1.11 bCountryCode 0 Not supported bNumDescriptors 1 bDescriptorType 34 Report wDescriptorLength 46 Report Descriptors: ** UNAVAILABLE ** Endpoint Descriptor: bLength 7 bDescriptorType 5 bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN bmAttributes 3 Transfer Type Interrupt Synch Type None Usage Type Data wMaxPacketSize 0x0008 1x 8 bytes bInterval 10 Device Status: 0x0000 (Bus Powered)
EDIT: In the meantime, I tried
xset m 0 0, which didn't improve anything either, the mouse stayed at the same speed.
another edit: Thanks for asking, I didn't notice this earlier. The acceleration setting does have an effect, but the sensitivity setting does not. Also, I double checked the company name and model, and it is correct as stated.