I bought Asus DSL-N17U few months ago as my old router stopped working. Everything has worked fine for some time (internet, wifi, lan, ...).
However, few days ago two of our home devices stopped seeing the wifi (while some others still see and connect to it). The two devices (laptops) I'm writing about are different brands (Dell and Lenovo) with different operating systems (Windows7 and Ubuntu 15.04) and the are about 3-4 years old. What's really weird is that they both couldn't see the wifi anymore at the same time, hence I assume the problem is the router.
- DSL driver version: FwVer:188.8.131.52_B_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.2
- Firmware version: 184.108.40.206 (up-to-date)
- Hide SSID: No
- Wireless Mode: Auto
- b/g protection: No (neither yes nor no works)
- Channel bandwidth: 20/40MHz
- Control Channel: Auto
- Extension Channel: Auto
- Authentication Method: WPA2-Personal
- WPA Encryption: AES
- Network Key Rotation Interval: 3600
I didn't change anything but SSID and password. Could you please help me? Possibly I must configure something? I'm really desperate.