I have been trying to figure out how to get a windows shortcut for burp. If anyone else can figure out a different way instead of java -jar -Xmx768m "C:\tools\burpsuite_free_v1.6.32.jar"
- Create directory C:\tools
- Download Burp to C:\tool\
- Create a file called burp.vsp in notepad that contains the follow
- Adding the following to burp.vsp
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\tools\BurpSuite.bat" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing
- Create file BurpSuite.bat in C:\tools\
- Add the follow
java -jar -Xmx768m "C:\tools\burpsuite_free_v1.6.32.jar
- Download burp icon from google
- Go to desktop and right – new - click shortcut
What Item would you like to create a shortcut for
What would you like to Name the shortcut
Burp Suite or whatever you want.
- Change Icon
- Right click properties
- Change icon button
- Find a burp icon and save it as .ico in paint.
- Double click on newly create desktop icon
Right-click on your desktop, go to new, then shortcut. Paste in the line that you posted:
cmd /c java -jar -Xmx768m "C:\tools\burpsuite_free_v1.6.32.jar"
And press next, give it a name, then press finish. Done.
[Edited to include
cmd /c at the beginning to force command prompt mode]
Edit 2: If you want the command prompt window to stay open on close, replace