Every time I open the AVG GUI, it works fine. Until I click something. For example: Scan Now.
- When I do click it, the GUI just crashes.
- Eventually it turns fine, until a few seconds after.
- Not even the task manager can close it from this.
- I have to catch it when it has stopped crashing, and X out of it.
- That's the only way to close it.
This is one problem. Another is that a virus in the virus vault will not be deleted.
- AVG detected the virus a while back.
- I clicked "Protect Me" at that point, but it didn't do anything.
- From there I tried opening the GUI (which it took a while to do) and then it started crashing.
- Malwarebytes didn't detect anything, and it says that virus is in the vault.
- Therefore, I don't have a reason to believe the virus is causing this.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Follow-up question: if I delete the AVG program itself, will that delete everything in the virus vault?
I'm thinking of deleting AVG and downloading avast! instead, but I don't want that to be the reason for the virus to be free again.
So, will it be deleted?
Better yet, how can I have AVG empty the vault (deleting the virus in the process)?