I am trying to sync extensions between Chromium browser and two Windows 7 PC's.
- Windows 7 PC's x2
- Chromium Version 50.0.2626.0
So far I have downloaded the Chromium Installer from here. I have installed this on to both PC's, and signed in as the Google user. It's a fresh install so there are no bookmarks or favourites. As a test I created two bookmark folders on PC1 and these do sync between both PCs - I can see them appear on PC2 after a few seconds.
I then installed an unpacked extension extension on PC1, however this never appears on PC2. I have went to settings > extensions > checked 'Developer Mode' and clicked 'update extensions now' - nothing.
Things I have tried so far;
- logging out/in of the browser
- restart browser
- clear browser cache/history/settings
- disconnect/reconnect my Google account from both browsers
- restart both PC's
- uninstall/re-install CHromium on both PC's
- waited 15 minutes (thought there may have been a delay in sync)
- tried same process in Ubuntu 14.04
When I install a 'normal' extension from the Chrome Web Store they appear and sync just fine. So what's the issue with unpacked extensions? I am clicking 'Load unpacked extension', browsing to the (extracked) folder, and importing. The extension appears on PC1 but never on PC2.
I have a number of unpacked extensions extensions that I need synced.
I have included some images of my settings if this helps.
Any ideas as to what else I can do or check?