I have two subnets connected over a wireless bridge and I'm trying to figure out how to get them to talk to each other.
- Router: Netgear wireless
- Router IP: 192.168.1.1
- DHCP range: 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Internet: Connected directly to cable modem
- Router: Linksys running dd-wrt
- Router IP: 192.168.2.1
- DHCP range: 192.168.2.2 - 192.168.2.254
- Internet: Connected to the Netgear router via a wireless bridge
- WAN IP: 192.168.1.10
When I'm on Subnet 1, I can't connect to anything on Subnet 2 (even the wireless bridge IP of 192.168.1.10).
When I'm on Subnet 2, I can connect to everything on 192.168.2.* as well as the Subnet 1 router on 192.168.1.1. But I can't connect to any other machines on Subnet 1.
The physical limitations of my house make the wireless bridge a requirement. I don't think making a wired connection between the two subnets is an option.
How can I set things up so machines on both subnets can communicate with each other and still get to the Internet?