I need to set up a PDF to meet the following criteria:
- Contains attached PDFs
- Attached PDFs can be opened with a link (or similar object) within the document itself
- Opening the new document does not close the primary document
- These functions must work properly without any potential recipients having to change their preferences.
(I'm running Adobe Acrobat IX Pro)
To save some time, here is what I've managed so far:
Microsoft Word Approach:
- Attach PDFs in Word Document
- Convert Word Document to PDF
- PDF links become images and no longer work
Adobe Acrobat Approach:
- Create a link
- Select the "Go to a Page view" Link Action
- Open the desired PDF from the attachments pane
- Click "Set Page View"
This opens the new document, but it closes the primary PDF. The solution to this is to go to Edit->Preferences->Documents and un-check Open cross-document links in the same window. The problem with this solution is that it only works on my computer, and this will be sent to many people who won't know to change their settings.
Any ideas are much appreciated!