set BIOS password some time ago. When I tried to enter BIOS again yesterday it wouldn't accept my password. I couldn't have typed it wrong because the password is "a". Disassembled it and removed the battery (small and large) for 6 hours, also pushed the power button while battery removed but it still asks for a password. Now it doesn't boot at all, says "no bootable device" although both the M2 SSD and the normal SSD are in place, connected to the motherboard.
My open options are:
- take laptop into acer service and wait...
- if I knew the system unlock password... the online tools which generate such password don't work
- find the bios/cmos jumper and reset it but don't know where they are because there is no service manual for download
- can't post to acer community forum because the text input field simply doesn't load (congrats acer)
- can't register my product because after entering the serial number it throws error (congrats acer)
any ideas? TIA!