Looking to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in a roundabout way. Can you guys let me know if my thinking here is correct?
What I have:
- Macbook Pro (nothing but OS X on it right now)
- Windows 7 Home Premium OEM (never activated)
What I want to end up with:
- Windows 10 Professional installed on my Macbook Pro
Here's my plan:
- Via Bootcamp, install Windows 7 Home Premium to its own partition
- Activate the Windows 7 installation
- Accept free upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home
- Pay for the upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional
- Optional: Using the license key (that came with my Windows 7 Home Premium?) and an ISO image of Windows 10 Professional, do a clean install of Windows 10 Professional to the partition.
Would this work, or will I need to just buy an OEM version of Windows 10 Professional right off the bat and install that instead?