- Intermittent nature
- The mouse will often hang (won't move)
- The keyboard will often not type
- Sometimes, the keys get saved up and come out later all at once, and sometimes they never come out
- The mouse seems to have difficulty traveling to the top left of the screen.
- Dell Precision M3800 Laptop
- Windows 10 Professional operating system
- Logitech wireless keyboard (K270)
- Logitech wireless mouse (M185). They came in the same box / use the same dongle.
- "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station that runs the DisplayLink software. It has two monitors attached to it, one by DVI and the other by HDMI. It's plugged into the laptop by USB.
Troubleshooting Steps Taken
Wired keyboard and wired mouse work great.
When wireless was plugged in, it was in a USB port on the laptop itself, not the docking station
I rerouted the monitors to plug directly into the laptop (take this docking station out of the equation). So far the wireless keyboard/mouse are not malfunctioning. This seems to indicate that the docking station is a necessary component to reproduce the problem). But I have to give it 1-2 days to make sure because the problem is intermittent.
What would be a good first choice for a fix I can try that won't hurt anything (update a driver...where?)?