I was given an .iso with windows 7 but I cannot install it using vmware workstation player 12.
- The .iso seems to be correct since I passed it to a usb and started an installation on real hardware and everything started properly (I didn't finish that installation since that was not what I wanted) Also if I mount the iso using daemon tools and launch the new virtual drive, it starts an installation as well.
- The ability to read .iso directly from the virtual machine seems also correct since I downloaded a slax distro to check it and the virtual machine started from the .iso
Things I've tried so far:
- (obviously) use the iso directly as d: drive inside the virtual machine
- mount the iso with daemon tools and tell the virtual machine that the physical d: drive is the mounted one
- burn the iso and use the physical dvd drive inside the virtual machine
- create a usb with this and tell the BIOS to start from there
- create a new virtual machine from step (3) : the wizard even asks me for a password but it doesn't follow.
All the options lead me to a "net startup" that fails. Also a quick download of virtual box and testing step (3) from above did also fail. Please any help is appreciated