On my laptop I can't access a lot of websites, other websites can be accessed but no images. As an example google.com doesn't work but I can use bing.com. This is only an issue on wired connection, there is no issues with WIFI.
Also I can ping all websites and have no package loss.
The computer is an HP 755 G2, with windows 8.1, no antivirus.
What I've tryed:
- Using different cables
- Testing cables on other computers (works fine just not on mine)
- Testing on other networks
- Testing on multiple different browsers
- Testing with different DNS providers (188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206)
- ipconfig /flushdns from CMD
- ipconfig /renew from CMD
- Update all drivers (including network)
- Remove wired network drivers and reinstall
- Test without firewall enabled
- Test with WIFI off and Cable enabled
- Run in safe mode with only network options
- Change adapter speed and duplex
- Ping with large packets
Any help is appreciated, I've reached the point where I believe the cable modem is broken on the laptop.