IE 11 on
Win 10 when you
View Source by doing Ctrl+U, it opens
Developer Tools in a pane below the page, which is not what I want. How do I make it open the source in a new window like it always used to do.
Simply unpin it (CTRL + P) and it'll open in new window. This switch acts as a toggle. Launch IE View Source Editor (Dev Tools) In A Separate Window In Windows 10
This may not be exactly what you are hoping for, but this solution works for me. It took me less than 10 minutes to follow the steps in the blog:
This blog article walks you through the steps to make the View Source work with an editor of your choosing. I followed the steps and now when I use the context menu (right-click) or even use Ctrl + U to View Source what I get is a plain text document inside of Sublime 3. If you want you can make it open the source html in any editor of your choice.
Steps to Change View Source Editor:
- Run dialogue (Win + R) and the command “regedit”.
- Find the following Key: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
- Create new Key called View Source Editor.
- Create a new Key called Editor Name as a child of View Source Editor.
- In the right hand pane of the Registry Editor, double-click the (Default) Key and change the Value Data to match the path to your editor of choice: