I am going to do a presentation on a Windows computer. However, I don't have Powerpoint installed on my Mac. My Windows PC doesn't have PowerPoint either :( It only has the OpenOffice.org thingy.
Because I think Keynote is easier to use than OpenOffice, I eventually ended up creating a Keynote. Now I need to convert this Keynote to something that can be used to do the presentation properly (not limited to PowerPoint).
In the "File -> Export to" menu, I see that I can convert it to PowerPoint and HTML for this purpose. So I tried both, here are the results:
- Some animations are replaced with similar animations
- The "Blink" Action animation becomes very slow
- The transition between slides is replaced with a similar transition
- The font is not supported
- Links function correctly
- Some animations are replaced with similar animations but less similar than the PowerPoint one
- "Blink" animations function correctly
- The transition functions correctly
- The font is supported
- Links have no effect (Nothing happens on click)
Also, note that the HTML version is the result of opening
index.html in Internet Explorer. I tried with Chrome and Firefox but it shows nothing if I used them. This is weird.
Can anybody suggest how to convert a Keynote to a Windows-compatible version with most of the things functioning the same?
P.S. I don't want to convert it to Quick Time because I still want to be able to click to go to the next slide.