I recently built a desktop pc with windows 10 64-bit and everything works fine except for playing certain games. I can play some games like diablo 3 for hours with no problems but other games like xcom 2 and ac syndicate crash my pc to either a bsod or a red screen with no text within the first ten minutes of gameplay. My pc also crashes when I try to bench or stress test my gpu with heaven unigine but doesn't crash when I stress test with furmark.
I reinstalled windows 10 twice, and also tried a clean reinstall of different graphics drivers several times, I'll list other things I tried:
- Ran memtest86+ twice and got to 10 passes both times with no errors
- scanned my hard drive for errors, no errors were found
- sent my gpu to xfx to have it tested, they said they tested it overnight with benchmarks, stress tests and games and it never caused a crash
- I also sent back my psu to seasonic, they sent it back saying it works fine
- I have been talking with 2k (xcom publishers) and we have tried many, many things and nothing has worked.
- I also monitored my temperatures and my gpu temps never reached more than 65 degrees ceclsius when gaming or more than 80 degrees celcius when benchmarking, so it's not an overheating issue
- I was also monitory my ran while playing and I never went over 3.5 GB, so it can't be a memory leak
- I even tried to uninstall my antivirus and play in a clean boot environment and I would still get the same crashes
Here is a google drive link to my crash/dump files. All of them are small memory dumps and the most recent one (march 11) is a kernal memory dump. I noticed on my pc that it created two dumps for march 11, one at about 10:30pm and another at 11:20pm, the thing is my pc only cashed at 11:20pm, at 10:30pm I had just turned it on to test it with xcom 2 and see if it would crash.
Here are my pc specs:
intel i5-6500 asrock z170 pro4s xfx r9 280x 3gb g.skill ripjaws 8gb ddr4 ram (2 x 4gb) seasonic 650w gold certified western digital 1tb blue
Any help would be greatly appreciated.