I have a Lenovo Z470 notebook with these specs:
- Windows 10 64-bit Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.164)
- Intel Core i5-2450M @ 2.50GHz (Sandy Bridge)
- 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M with Optimus Technology
- 8GB RAM
- 465GB Seagate ST9500325AS (SATA)
- Hard disk has C:\ and D:\ partitions. Steam games are in D:\Games
- Steam and Uplay are of the latest version.
I've just started this game (15% in) and I've had so much trouble getting it working consistently. It almost always crashes at the beginning of a sequence or a mission during the cutscenes. I've googled much about this and have tried the following:
- Turn of anisotropic filtering (resolved the crashing until the next sequence).
- Reinstalled manually the included DirectX and VCRedist.
- Verified the game cache several times (purchased this on Steam).
- Downgraded the NVIDIA driver version to 362 (resolved the crashing on another sequence).
- Decreased the GPU Core clock by 50MHz using MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision 16.
- Upgraded the NVIDIA driver to the latest version, 364.51.
- Uninstalled all NVIDIA drivers and apps using Display Driver Uninstaller, and then reinstalled the 364.51 driver again.
- Disabled all in-game overlays.
I don't know what else to do. I installed this on my work laptop with AMD graphics and I haven't had an issue with the game crashing. The game crashes without any error messages. But I found this in the Event Viewer:
Faulting application name: AC3SP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5155b7ef Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.10586.122, time stamp: 0x56cc01ef Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0005e681 Faulting process id: 0xf88 Faulting application start time: 0x01d185b0f606a847 Faulting application path: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Assassin's Creed 3\AC3SP.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll Report Id: ae746aed-0c8c-4dd3-9cfc-680ecf147ad6 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:
Just last night I found out that when I switch to using the integrated graphics (Intel HD 3000), the game doesn't crash. I was able to play a bit, then I switched to the NVIDIA GPU after passing the cutscene where the game consistently crashed. I was able to play afterwards but come another cutscene and the game crashes again. Please help me, as I already ran out of ideas. Thank you.