As an example, here is what the
body tag on a site I'm working on looks like:
If I attempt to modify the
5px, as soon as I click on the value and begin typing it opens and focuses the Console instead:
Notice how it's entered the
5 as the value, but the
px has ended up in the automatically-opened Console window.
This isn't only happening with typing, either. I've noticed the following things:
- When opening the developer tools for the first time, the Console tab opens (about half a second later, even though it wasn't open when I last used the developer tools).
- This also happens when modifying colours through Chrome's colour picker - as soon as a colour is picked, it opens and focusses the Console.
- This also happens when using the up and down arrows to increment or decrement values.
- This does not happen when manually entering new style declarations or adding new style properties through the element.style area.
- This also does not happen when typing in property names, only their values (e.g. if I add a new
paddingdeclaration to an existing style declaration, I can type in "padding:" just fine, but as soon as I enter a value it focuses the console).
Any idea why this is happening? This was not happening yesterday morning and I haven't updated Chrome or changed any settings (at least, not intentionally).