What can cause manual calculation/F9 to stop recalculating some cells properly in Excel 2010 ?
I've Googled this problem and ruled out all the explanations I can find:
- Calculation settings are set to automatic.
- Formulas/Calculation Options for the tab is set to automatic.
- Manually recalculating doesn't work.
- Calculate in VBA doesn't do it.
- It's not a circular reference or numbers stored as text issue.
Normally calculating manually with F9 or switching calculation to automatic works as expected, but sometimes I have to use Ctrl + Shift + Alt + F9 to recalculate certain cells. That works as a short term workaround, but I need to fix the problem going forward to calculate normally. I've only ever seen the issue happen in specific cells in spreadsheets sent to me by one person. I've been unable to recreate the issue or figure out what is causing it.
I hope this is ok to ask here, I tried on StackOverflow and was told it was a question for SuperUser.