I have searched on google for a long time but it seems like nobody has even asked this question: What is blocking the direct access of
error_log on Apache servers? Or is it even an Apache thing or this happens to all servers? (by direct accessing i mean something like http://www.myphpsite.com/error_log)
- I have checked .htaccess files, doesn't seem to be it.
- I had some log files which didnt have the permission set up properly so users can just go to http://www.myphpsite.com/test.log to view it.
- I created a file with no extension and i can access it directly just fine. (e.g. http://www.myphpsite.com/test)
- I have tried to set the permission to
error_logto 777 or 664, still can't access it
- Check through whm for configs, no luck there.
- I did a grep on the entire server looking for the key word
error_logbut got nothing useful.
So what is stopping the user from accessing
error_log file and how do i change the setting?