I have some weird problems occurring on a small dormitory (30 rooms total) LAN that I manage.
Here is the current network layout of the dorm:
Please note that I already did some experiments last week (for the entire week), here are the data/conclusions:
- Wireless Router A is always in good condition. Any device connected to Router A wirelessly is always able to connect to the internet, while other devices that connect to Router B, C, or D might have problems when connecting to the internet.
- I did some experiments on Wireless Router D, since this is where the most complaints (problems) occur. As you can see in the picture, Router D connects to a PC via ethernet and to other devices wirelessly. Sometimes the PC (connected via ethernet) has internet connectivity while mobile devices (connected wirelessly) do not. Some other times the wireless mobile devices have an internet connection while the PC does not, but most of the time both the ethernet PC and the wireless mobile devices cannot access the internet.
- The problem occurs only when all the residents are in the dorm, due to the fact that they have all their mobile devices (laptops and phones) and sometimes they use their mobile devices to share (tethering) their internet connection to other devices.
- During most working hours when residents are not in the dorm, the whole network works like charm (including all devices connected to Router D).
- Sometimes restarting/rebooting (not resetting) Router A solves the problem for like (literally) 2 minutes, before router D goes to no internet connection again.
- What are the possible causes of the problems?
- How can I fix this?
Router A : FiberHome AN5506-04-F2
Router B : Movistar ASL 26555
Router C : TP Link TD-W8101G
Router D : TP Link TD-W8961N