Is it possible to have
werfault.exe not run when specific executables crash? I'm developing some software and (yes I know, it's hard to believe) it occasionally crashes (on purpose) and each time this happens it takes a few seconds for
werfault.exe to do whatever it wants.
It seems I can turn off the whole service that supports this feature, but I'm happy for it to run on other parts of the system.
So can I tell it to not worry about a certain subset of executables?
EDIT As requested by @Moab, here was my research:
- Google for "disable werfault.exe for specific processes windows 10" and a few variations.
- Wade through several pages of results.
- Conclude that this information is not readily available, or I don't know the correct terminology to search for it.
- Realise that there's an opportunity to capture this on Stack Exchange as a canonical example of the problem, helping me and others.
- Think a little more about how to phrase the problem.
- Consider whether to ask on Stack Overflow, Super User or Server Fault.
- Choose Super User seeing as this is likely a desktop computer administration issue, not a server one.
- Head over, ask question.
- Get useful answer quickly. Thank author, vote and accept answer.
- Provide some more relevant information about a useful API I discovered for this in a comment on the accepted answer.
- Later, scratch head at why someone objects so strongly to my question.
- Spend time wondering whether I could really have offered some extra information to the question to help.
- Figure there's nothing to do but try it, so here it is.
EDIT 2 Actually the above steps are now redundant. This question is now the number one result on Google for my original search terms. I figure this achieves the fourth point from above.