It happens on my desktop randomly, the more i use the connection the more likely to happen (i.e. the moment when I load a new, playing a videogame with constant connection). The connection drops for a few (or many) seconds and then resumes on its own.
- Whenever this happens the internet connection stops (of course).
- Whenever this happens I can't ping my router (192.168.0.1) from my desktop computer (Request timed out).
- Whenever this happens I CAN ping my router from my laptop, laptop does not suffer from this problem, suggesting that the problem is with my desktop (maybe the wireless adapter?). EDIT: probably not the adapter, i connected a USB wireless adapter to my desktop and it still has the same issues. :(
- Signal strength is at -65dBm, however my laptop with the same signal strength presents no problems.
How do i go about troubleshooting this? Any ideas?
Wireless adapter: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800
Router: Lynksis E900
Things I've already tried
- Resetting reset tcp/ip stacks with -netsh in CMD and flushing DNS to no avail.