As many of you I'm part of the fast ring of the Windows Insider Program. I recently installed the Build 14332 of Windows 10 Pro and tried to install the new Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta) feature.
I followed the tutorial and went to Settings --> Update and Securtiy --> Developers and enabled Developer mode. After that I installed the "Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta)" feature and rebooted the computer. After login I opened cmd.exe and/or powershell and typed bash. I got prompted to accept the terms by typing "y" and received the following error message instead of the progressing installation:
Unable to download from the Windows Store. Please check your network connection.
As you might expect, my internet connection is up and running and I already tried the following:
- confirmed that I can download apps from the Windows Store
- disabled any security Software (in my case Bitdefender Total Security 2016, and Windows Firewall)
- executed wsreset.exe
- ran cmd.exe and powershall as administrator
- tried another network connection (mobile hotspot)
- rebooted the computer
- disabled the windows subsystem for linux, rebooted and enabled the windows subystem for linux (same result)
- I'm using a Wifi connection via an USB NIC (no LAN available)
- I'm using the german version of the preview (x64)
Any hints are appreciated and welcome. Maybe even from Microsoft.