I've tried to install Arch Linux as a VirtualBox VM a couple of days ago. Everything worked like a charm - if there hadn't been that issue that I can't connect to anything when I set the VM to use a bridged adapter.
What I want to achieve
- Guest can connect to local network
- Guest can connect to the internet
- Others on local network can connect to guest.
- Windows 10 Pro
- VirtualBox 5.0.20
- Intel WiFi NIC (connected to local network)
- Latest updates installed
- Virtual NIC set to bridged adapter and Paravirtualized (Virtio-net)
- Arch Linux (up to date)
- virtualbox-guest-utils installed
- net-tools installed
- x64 Machine
- VBox-Addins do work (shared folders, etc... working!)
- no GUI, just terminal
What am I missing out on? This can't be so hard, can it? Does it even work with WiFi? Or do I need to connect the host to the network via ethernet?
Please help me, I'm really, really lost here...