I'm having an issue connecting to a remote machine (Win Server 2012) using Remote Desktop.. but the weird thing is I only have trouble connecting from one machine that I use. I can connect from two other machines fine, even with the same credentials. From the problem machine (Windows 7), I am given a login prompt before seeing the error pictured at the end of the post. I can remote to several other servers from the problem machine without issue.
Things I've tried so far:
- Connecting to the remote machine using the fully qualified domain name
- Connecting to the remote machine using the IP address
- Logging in to the remote machine with the system administrator account
- Switching the problem machine IP to static and setting it to a known IP address from a "good" machine
- Deleting the default.rdp file in My Documents on the problem machine
- Checked everything in this help article... most of this stuff can be eliminated automatically because many other machines can connect. I did however double check Windows Firewall on both my machine and the server, as well the Network Level Auth settings on my machine.
- Checked the remote machine's Event Viewer logs. Nothing to be found in the log immediately after a failed connect attempt from the problem machine
Again... I can connect to this server just fine with my credentials on two other client machines (one is Windows 7, one is Windows 8.1). What am I missing here?? What else can I try to figure this out?
Group policy settings on the server:
The only thing that is configured is the Network Level Auth requirement, which I confirmed on the "problem" machine by following steps in my above linked help article.