I use custom keywords to make a search on different search engines within my location bar. It works great. Except for one search plugin: sometimes, the keyword is simply reset, cleared. I have to set it again. And it can happen several times in a week.
I don't often shut down my computer and I've not been able to find out if it could be related. If I reboot my Computer, the keyword may still be defined. If I don't shut it down for a while (I mean for a certain unmeasured amount of time), it may be reset.
I've found out that this search plugin is not present in
searchplugins directory under my profile folder. I thought it could be related, but there are only 4 search plugins in this directory, and the other search plugins not in there have no problem with their keywords.
I've also found out that this search plugin is not the same format than, for example, the PHP search plugin. They are both OpenSearch plugins, but not defined the same way and with different formats:
<SearchPlugin xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/2006/browser/search/" xmlns:os="http://a9.com/-/spec/opensearch/1.1/">
opensearch.xml of the website, which is :
<OpenSearchDescription xmlns="http://a9.com/-/spec/opensearch/1.1/" xmlns:moz="http://www.mozilla.org/2006/browser/search/">
I try to understand:
- why the keyword for this specific search plugin is sometimes reset to blank
- where firefox stores the search plugin for this website if it's not in
searchpluginsdirectory (which is the case of other search plugins which work perfectly well and don't lose their keywords)
If any one has any clue, I take it!