There is an
exe file which I cannot run from Explorer, which only alerts me:
Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item
No matter if I run it as admin or not.
- Windows 7 Ultimate x64
- No anti-virus software installed yet
- UAC is on
- I own that file
- I have all permissions on that file (my group Administrators does)
- I can view the file's content in editor (after UAC dialog)
- That exe can be successfully executed from a
cmd.exepre-started as admin (but not from Explorer)
- This all happened after I reinstalled Windows (that file remained from the previous installation)
What may cause the inability to run my own file? How it can be investigated?