I am having trouble playing HEVC 1080p file on my system. I don't have a really strong PC, but I will give the facts:
- Ram: 2GB
- OS: Win 7 ultimate
- processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core T4500 @2.3Ghz
- Graphic Chipset: Intel GMA4500M
I tried the latest version of the said three players to no avail. My players can smoothly play 1080p videos but sadly not the 1080p HEVC files.
- First stop: VLC:
- Very choppy playback. Skipping frames. Grey screens. Audio and Video out of sync. Takes too long to skip. Unwatchable.
- Second stop: MPC-HC (CCCP)
- Better than VLC. Doesn't take too long to skip. Audio and Video still out of sync. Choppy playback.
- Third and final stop: Potplayer
- A lot better than MPC. Skips fast. But a bit choppy. Very much watchable. Only problem: Audio and Video out of sync.
What I tried further(in MPC):
I tried the madVR codec, instead of CCCP; but, to my surprise, I found the playback worse and my CPU usage skyrocketing to about 90%. I now use the EVR instead of madVR.
I really want to watch the video. But how do I?
Maybe the file is broken.
Well, I tried the same file on a 1080p TV, and it played smoothly with audio and video in sync.
Second, I can easily play 1080p .mkv files smoothly. It is just those HEVC mkv files that won't play smoothly :(