Here is a totally wierd scenario that I cannot find solutions anywhere. Purpose: testing a website using an Android device's browser both connected to the same WIFI. Results: - Other PCs can connect without problem to that server machine using an IP address which is 192.168.1.9 on port 80. - Only the Android machine (IP 192.168.1.199) cannot connect to the server (also using an IP address).
I have tried everything, every resource found on the Net but no luck.
------- EDIT --------- The wierd part is that other machines on the same Wireless connection can connect without a problem, only the Android device doesn't. I don't use domain name, only a bare IP address.
I also tried using a tracerout app on my Android phone and it can actually trace the server machine using the IP address.