- When I insert a CD or DVD in it to play or to browse my data, it is recognized without any problem.
But when I insert a blank DVD or CD to write, it doesn't recognize it? We hear that the disk is rotating in the drive but nothing changes and if I startn to use Ashampoo Burning Studio and write on it, it shows that the drive is empty.
I thought that it may be because of using old driver software versions. But my laptop is VPCCW-1NFX/B and its optical Drive characteristics are:
Which doesn't support drivers for it any more?
So the only drivers that I have are the ones that I downloaded several years ago from the following URL:
- Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S4 Firmware Update ---> OPFOPD-00208302-1060 (last modification date: 2/20/2013)
- Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700S Firmware Update ---> OPFOPD-00209572-1040 (last modification date: 10/15/2013)
- PIONEER BD-ROM BDC-TD01 Firmware Update ---> PIFOPD-00221882-1060 (last modification date: 2/20/2013)
I've shown the computer to the technicians of the SONY corporation representative in Iran and they say there's no problem with the hardware. Then:
- What's the problem?
- If you think the problem is because of the outdated version of driver software, where can I find and download the latest one?
I don't know if this will help or not but the following is a photo of the back and front of my optical drive with wat is written on them beneath them.