I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 which I left outdoors overnight after a BBQ... No rain but likely some humidity.
Symptoms? - Initially, screen remains black, nothing happens upon pressing power button. However, computer is still alive since power button is shining
- After Unplugging/reconnecting the CMOS battery cable: machine booting, showing following two errors after some time:
0271 Date and time error—Neither the date nor the time is set in the computer. [Solution in the manual]: Run BIOS Setup Utility to reset the time and date.
0251 System CMOS checksum bad— Default configuration used. [Solution in the manual]: 1. Charge the backup battery for more than 8 hours by connecting the ac adapter.
- Replace the backup battery and run BIOS Setup Utility to reset the time and date.
I tried -
- Removing The backup battery (CMOS)
- Replacing the backup battery (CMOS) - I bought a new one
- Battery, only running on DC-power
- RAM x2
- Power button discharge as suggested on various sites to discharge (or whatever) the power; To press the power button 10 times followed by pressing it for 30 sec...
I tried to reset the time in the BIOS, however, I'm unable to navigate with the keys> nothing happens when I try going up and down between the options with the keyboard - I tried pressing many keys simultaneously, and I do get the familiar beep when you press a lot of keys randomly, so the keyboard is working fine. Then I noticed incidentally that the screen light goes up and down if I press the keys changing this, meaning it's like the Fn (function) key is constantly pressed. So I also tried cleaning the keyboard and removing the CTRL and Fn/key but this didn't help either.
PLS READ CAREFULLY and advice.
Many thanks! Regards, Dennis