So I just created the VM and I have no idea why I don't have network connectivity. I've tried a bunch of things to troubleshoot the issues, mostly the following in different combinations:
- Created internal and external Virtual Switches in Virtual Switch Manager
- In VM Settings > Network Adapter I've tried selecting both of these virtual switches and have "Enable virtual LAN identification" checked
- In Windows > Network Connections on my local machine I can see both the internal and external switches. I tried sharing my local ethernet connection with the external but that didn't work
- In Windows > Network Connections I tried sharing the External Virtual Switch with the Internal but no dice
- On the Ubuntu side of things I've gone into the Wired connection settings and then IPv4 and set it to automatic, and when that didn't work tried manual. I gave it a known available IP address, netmask, and gateway, but that didn't work either
So where I stand now is I have Ubuntu showing that the wired connection is connected, but I can't access the internet. Any ideas as to how I can troubleshoot this further? I can post screenshots if necessary, but it looks like I can only add 2 per post because I don't have a high enough reputation. Thanks!