Using Windows XP ISO in VMWare Workstation Player 12. No matter what I do, I cannot connect to Internet from the Virtual OS.
What I have tried
- Disabled Windows XP Firewall
- Disabled and Enabled the Network
- Tried NAT connection, Tried Bridged connection
- Scrapped the virtual VM and re-installed Windows XP in VMWare Player
- Can ping www.google.com, but cannot browse to www.google.com
How to troubleshoot this?
By the way, I have Kali Linux 2 ISO in same VMWare Workstation Player 12 and can connect to Internet fine.
Tried the Windows VM, but get error
I disabled firewall on Windows XP VM with
netsh firewall set opmode mode=disable profile=all
I can access some websites (CNN, FoxNews), but not others (Google, Facebook).
I even opened ports 80 and 443 per the following. How to troubleshoot?
I ended up downloading and installing Firefox. Now I can access all the websites.
Thank you SuperUsers, you guys are awesome!!!