I have to realise a solution for a software instruction room.
I have the following vision:
- There are 9 Clients, all of them run Windows 10 Pro with Hyper-V.
- There is a Server (Win Ser 2016 maybe), on this server are multiple different VM storen in Hyper-V (for different softare).
- I configure the VM on my server with a new software, all clients download the VM and run it locale.
- After that I can delete the VM on the client again but it still remains on the server, ready if I need to instruct this software again.
- My main point is, that there is only one VM on the server for each software.
- I don't want a standard Server-Client model, where the clients remotedesktop into a VM, because I would need to have 9 VMs per software. Also the VMs have to run on the client for performance.
Like I said this Server should be something like a VM HUB and my clients download from this Server. First of all, I don't even know if there is an easy way to realise that and if it is, how could I manage the licenses of my VMs (VMs are mostly Windows 7)?
Had anyone a simmalar project or a link to a blog wich explains a possible solution?
I also thought about a export inport method, where i take the VM, put it on a share and download it with the client with a script but maybe there is a less difficult solution. (User friendy for the instructors)
Docker could be a solution. Problem is that it's even more unfriendly for our instructors. Thats why i wan't a complete VM solution and not only software share. Also our software has to be licenced.