Recently I've started noticing odd text rendering problems on Chrome. The main one being the letters 't' and 'e'. I don't know what caused the problem as I don't remember updating Chrome or anything else when I started seeing it. I'll use a the word 'Sticker' as an example: when it happens, the word Sticker looks like this:
The t in that image is missing it's crossbar and now looks like a lowercase 'L'. Confusing to read. Now if I zoom in to 110%, the word sticker now looks like this:
The 't' looks better but now the 'e' is now missing it's horizontal line so it looks like a 'c'!
After some brief testing, the same thing doesn't happen in Firefox. However, opening a slightly different page in Chrome (the text or it's CSS hasn't been modified), the letter seems fine:
Despite how the images look, the CSS for the word Sticker was identical in each one. This problem makes some texts very awkward to read.
One thing that may have happened is that I changed my ClearType settings around about the time this problem started, but it doesn't seem to be fixing when I re-adjust ClearType to a thicker setting.