When sending a "ls" command in ftp to the FTP server I get this message "No route to connect". So I investigated with wireshark and I could see the following exchange between me (the client) and the FTP server:
1) Client (32990) => Server Request PASV (21)
2) Server (21) => Client (32990) : Entering Passive Mode (10,11,1,8,66,76)
3) Client (32990) => Server (21) :ACK
4) Client (52974) => Server (16972) :SYN
5) Server => Client : Destination Unreachable (Host admin...)
Where 16972 (=256*66+76) is the data port of the server sent by this latter to the client on step 2.
52974 is the data port of the client.
So my question is: how do I know what prevents the passive session from being created ? Is it the server side ? client side ?
p.s: My client is on Kali, and everything is open in iptables I can't tell the configuration of the server (I don't have access to it directly)