- HP DC7600 Desktop circa 2005: received in 2012
- Symptoms are new and have not been observed before
- Symptoms observed with 2 different SATA disks
- Boot from USB stick fail: boots from HDD
- Fails to boot with sysrescueCD 0.3.5. => Blinking Keyboard: Caps and Scroll Lock LEDs
Because the BIOS settings have not been problematic in the last 3 years I do not think they are the problem, however, if they are a problem:
QUESTIONS \ REQUESTS
- Are there any other additional test / diagnostics to determine root cause of problem?
- If you have seen / solved this problem please indicate this in your response
- If your diagnosis is mapped to corrective action already posted, a link is appreciated.
- What does not being ACPI compliant actually mean: how do I verify compliance?
It's odd that after 3 years the machine is seemingly out of nowhere 'not ACPI compliant'
BIOS UPGRADE ATTEMPT
Despite the indication of success, attempt to upload the image via BIOS and CD is not good: no BIOS image on monitor. I am not sure how one would try to do this again without a good working BIOS.