I wanted to dual boot 8.1 pro and Kali Linux, so did the basic steps
- Created around 100 GB of free space (I know its too much).
- Then tried USB installation, USB worked fine (created it using USBwriter).
- Then went for disk manual and chose 4 GB for swap area and rest as ext4 for installation.
- When it shows "A network mirror can be used to supplement the software that is included on the CD-ROM. This may also make newer versions of software available" I chose NO.
- Install the GRUB boot loader to the master boot record?
again selected NO. After this it should show a new selecting between
- Enter device manually
It did not show anything but I continued to install. When it was complete and after the restart it took me directly to Windows (ps as instructed I removed the USB so it does not take me again to boot menu).
Someone tell me what went wrong and if anyone better way of dual booting
(Everything was instructed from a tutorial and GRUB was installed during installation and I was connected to Wi-Fi during installation, live run is fine)