I recently installed Foxit Reader plugin for Firefox, but I like to uninstall it now. When I open the addons window, there is only one option under this plugin: Disable. I just want to uninstall, not to disable. How can I do that?
You may have to do it manually. From the Mozilla KB:
Manually uninstalling a plugin
If you can't use an uninstaller program to remove a plugin, you can remove it manually:
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter.
- Search for the preference:
- Double-click on the
plugin.expose_full_pathpreference in the list to change the value to
- Enter about:plugins into the Location bar to display the About Plugins page.
- Each entry in the About Plugins page will have "File name:" followed by a path. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the folder shown for the plugin you want to remove.
- Rename the file to something other than its normal name - e.g.
The plugin will be removed.