I've been using my laptop for almost 3 years now, at that time there is no problem except when I lift my laptop it freezes. I have to long press the power button to reset the computer.
But later about 1 month ago I recently got unexpected/random freeze, sometimes with BSOD but after the BSOD its freeze again, so no dump file. I can't tell what triggers the freezing. Its completely random. It even happens sometimes when logging in and shutting down.
I installed Ubuntu too on my device and the same thing happens but not as often as Windows. So I don't think its an OS problem. I've brought it to some IT guy to check it (for a week), but he said he doesn't see the freezing, so he can fix it because he doesn't see it.
- Core i5 4200U 1.60Ghz (4 cpus) ~ 2.30Ghz
- 8 GB RAM, 2 pieces of 4 GB
- Geforce 720M 2GB
- 500GB HDD
Currently running windows 10
Here is what I do:
- I've tried to downgrade my Nvidia driver, because the first time it happened after I updated my Nvidia driver, but there is no change at all.
- Checking my RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool -> it says no problem
- Replaced my RAM and switched position between two of them -> nothing changed
- Checked my drive with HDTunePro -> no bad sector, nothing to worry about with the other status (I guess, since I don't really understand what its mean + seeing no red block)
- Reinstalled Windows -> After several hours freezing came back
- Unplugged the battery and used AC power (I'm just doing it right now, so I would update the effect later).