My MSI GX740(warranty expired) shows only blank screen after power up, not even the POST screen.
This happened after it hang at Windows 7 loading screen(before logon screen), I pressed the power button to turn it off and lead to all these.
Here is what I did so far:
- Connect to external TV via HDMI, TV said "No signal". HDMI cable not faulty because I tested with another laptop.
- Switch out RAMs with other RAMs, still blank screen.
- Take out the HDD and connect to other laptop, it's working as external HDD.
- Unplug all power source, press power button for 30 seconds then try again, still blank screen.
Here is what I observed so far:
- Fan is running.
- No other light indicator except the power light, HDD light not blinking.
- CD\DVD ROM can be eject.
- Those multimedia buttons above the keyboard are functioning, the light came on when I press it.
According to Google, depleted BIOS battery should not cause this.
I don't feel comfortable to switch out the processor or GPU. I don't know how anyway.
What could be the cause?
What else can I do to troubleshoot?