My "WD My Passport Ultra" (2 TB) isn't showing up whenever I plug it in. My case seems to be slightly different than all the other cases posted on this site:
What's going on:
- The unit is getting power
- Light blinks at first then after ~3 seconds stays on (normal behavior)
- Disk inside is spinning
- Device isn't showing in "This PC" folder
- Can't find in Device Manager or Disk Management
- Doesn't matter which USB port it is plugged into. I can confirm that all USB ports are working.
What happened: Cord got knocked out while Windows 10 was running its usb fixing utility.
I have tools to repair corrupted partitions and even software to recover lost data. But I need it to actually show up on the computer before I can run any of those.
Any help would be much appreciated!