I am facing this problem from the first version of windows 10. Initially, the error was: "amd Display driver stopped responding and has recovered". I searched solutions at Microsoft Community about this issue. The solutions they provided didn't work for me.There are lots of threads about it at where different type of solutions have been suggested. I tried with many methods such as:
- Update amd driver & all other drivers
- Used old amd drivers (some latest versioned amd drivers generate this issue continuously where some old version generate this less quickly than some latest versions).
- Update Intel Drivers
- Uninstall display drivers and let windows to choose automatically the stable drivers.
- TDR fix
Unfortunately, none of those worked for me. After updating to windows anniversary update, that error message (amd Display driver stopped...) never shows but the issue still exists! Still, it fully freezes at the time of performing different tasks i.e. browsing, watching video, playing game etc. Sometimes, freezing has been solved automatically after 1-2 seconds. But, sometime it's not fixed automatically so that I have to force shut down by pressing the power button of the PC.
Now, I have found some threads at where people tell that they are facing this freezing issue only after updating to Windows Anniversary Update. One of those threads is: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4vufpo/windows_10_fully_freezes_after_anniversary_update
But, I have faced this since I used old version of Windows 10 at my brand new PC. PC Configuration:
- Intel Processor Core i7 3.6 GHZ 4th GEN
- GigabyteB85 Chipset Motherboard GA-B85M-D3H
- Graphics Card MSI R7 260X 2GBD5 OCV3
- Gaming RAM G-Skill Tridentx 16GB (8*2) DDR3 1600 BUS CL10 1.65V
- HDD 1TB Western Digital SATA 7200 RPM WD
- Gaming Power Supply Corsair VS500
I am very frustrated with this issue now. Is there anyone who has faced all those issue and solved successfully?